1. When you walk in your front door, which room do you enter?The office/living room combo. There’s the feel of a foyer sort of because the side of my desk and the back of the couch make a divider.
2. Do you have a dishwasher?
3. Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floor?
It’s very icky ancient carpet. Awful tan/bown color. Thankfully, most of the house is hardwood flooring. 4. Do you keep your kitchen knives on the counter or in a drawer?
There’s a set of steak knives on the counter and the rest hang on a big magnet thingy.5. House, apartment, duplex or trailer?House. Split-level. Multicolored brick and white vinyl siding.
6. How many bedrooms is it?
Three. Bu & me, Molly & me, and the studio.
7. Gas stove or electric?
8. How big is the yard?
I think it’s three lots. Pretty big.
9. What size TV is in the living room?
I don’t know, medium?
10. Are your plates in the same cupboard as your cups?
11. Is there a coffee maker sitting on your kitchen counter?
Yes. And a tea kettle perpetually lives on the stovetop.
12. What color is your home painted?
The trim and the deck are maroon. I want to repaint them green.
13. What room is your computer in?
14. Are there pictures hanging in your living room?
There’s a group of mismatched frames with family photos.
15.) Are there any themes found in your home?
Sorta. The dining room used to have a celestial thing going on with sun and moon images, but now they’re scattered through the house. I got a beautiful sunburst mirror from my brother for Christmas, though, so I think I’ll rework the sun motif.The bathroom has an Eastern groove, with a Shiva thing, a reproduction of a Chinese painting of a concubine holding her baby to pee (I love that piece!) and a kind of Indian looking pendant off of a broken necklace that was my mom’s, a little Indian mirror.
I want to go retro 60’s funk with the living room, because I decided that there is just no fighting the vibeJ My house is very Brady Bunch.16. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
It’s some generic, chemical laden stuff I steal from Mamaw’s stash from Sam’s Club. I can’t stress how poor we are. I’d love to buy better stuff, earth-wise.
17. Do you use dryer sheets?Yes.
18. Do you have any curtains in your home?Nope. We have vertical blinds with random scarves or remnants of hippy skirts pinned up on some windows.
19. What color is your fridge?White.
20. Is your house clean?
Not so much. Better than usual, though.
21. What room is the most neglected?
22. Are the dishes in your sink/dishwasher clean or dirty?
Dishwasher: clean, need to be putting them away, but her I sit, fucking offJ23. How long have you lived in your home?
Since 2002, officially. Was crashing here more than my apartment by September of 01. Bu moved in in 2000.
24. Where did you live before?
Duplex apartment behind Aunt P’s.
25. Do you have one of those fluffy toilet lid covers on your toilet?
Hell no.26. Do you have a scale anywhere in your home?
Yes, in the bathroom.
27. How many mirrors are in your house?
A lot; don’t feel like counting. Have a few little decorative cute ones.
28. Look up. What do you see?
A horrid drop-ceiling with gross tiles that is the bane of my existence.
29. Do you have a garage?
A car port. It’s still full of Bu’s grandfather’s crap.
30. Are you planning on moving anytime soon?No, but I would love to.